Wednesday 31 August 2011

On The Horizon - September 2011

So, we have one more day of August... one more day of "summer"... one more day of freedom before the heavy weight of studying responsabilities come to weigh on your shoulders again. But a new month means new book releases on the horizon! The following are books that are on my horizon in September 2011.

Books that I will be buying at some point in the future that are scheduled for release next month:

 
I have this thing for Greek mythology. This is another author bringing it to the new generation of readers. If this book lives up to the barrier set by the Percy Jackson series, I will be a very happy bunny!

I have no particular reason for wanting this book beyond that I want it. And man, do I want it!

Homicidal imaginary friend? Sounds like my kind of teen horror! I have high hopes for this book.

Books that I am considering buying that are scheduled for released in September 2011:

The concept seems interesting and intriguing but apparently that is let down somewhat by the plot being a bit all over the place in the second half of the book. I'm mulling over making this purchase.

An urban fantasy title. I keep trying urban fantasy but usually it doesn't really interest me the way I wish it would. The idea here seems interesting, if not entirely original. At least, from what I gather, the vampires are how vampires are supposed to be and not lovey dovey sex machines.

This story sounds like the story of ideas that originally drew me to the lighter side of the fantasy genre. I'm very intrigued by this one and knowing me, I'll probably end up with a copy at some point.

This is one that I keep seeing absolutely everywhere at the moment. I've seen it so much that I can't help but be drawn to it. Another one where I expect I'll end up with a copy of it for one reason or another.

The author has based the stories for this series on real crimes that have taken place and made them more approachable and understandable for a YA audience. I like this idea, though I'm not sure how I feel about snooping sisters getting to the bottom of everything.

So that's what's on my horizon for September 2011. What's on your horizon?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).