Thursday 2 February 2012

Get A Taste: Marian's Christmas Wish


Tara of Basically Books and I often read very different books but sometimes find interesting new books to potentially add to the ever-growing monsters that our TBR piles have morphed into. However, we know that we do not have 100% the same taste and we wanted another way of getting a look at these books...

Do you ever feel like getting a bit of a taster for a book you’ve been thinking of reading but aren’t fully sold on yet? Do you feel like sharing a taster for your current read with the world? Well, here’s your chance.

Each week the random number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100 for books with pages or 1 and 25% for ebooks. We figured that these numbers would keep us out of spoiler territory. Open your book to the specified place and pick a paragraph. Share it with the world!

This week the numbers are: 
page 13 for books
22% for ebooks


My book is:
click image to go to Goodreads page

Marian sat down next to Alistair again and wrapped her apron around the cat. The babies in its belly squirmed and tumbled into each other as she rubbed the cat dry. The animal began to purr, and the sound was a balm to her jangled nerves. She smiled and scratched the cat under the chin.
"And I suppose you have a sad story to tell too, if only you could talk," she said, addressing the animal. "Something about a misspent kittenhood and the perfidy of toms."

Yes, I know, I know. It's a bit late for Christmas now! But I started the book just before Christmas after having read another Christmas-themed historical romance and I never finished it. I figured that if I didn't get it read now, I'd end up putting it off for a full year! Plus, now that it's actually cold and managed to snow a bit, it feels more like Christmas than it did a month ago.

I just finished the book this evening so the review will be coming shortly! I can tell you now that if you like sweet (and clean) historical romances, this one will appeal to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).