Monday 9 April 2012

The Cover Wars: Blood Red Road


Tara of Basically Books and I decided to get together to do a weekly meme where we would compare covers of the UK editions of books with those of the US editions.

The aim of this is to just have a bit of fun. We put ourselves in the position where we see both of these books side by side in the bookstore. Which would we choose? Why that one and not the other?

This week we'll be comparing the covers of Blood Red Road by Moira Young.

Note: This book now has a new cover, but we’ve taken the images of the two original covers.

              
US Cover                                                     UK Cover




Rea says: I’m afraid that in this case the UK cover just doesn’t do much for me at all. I’m not sure what exactly it is about the cover art that puts me off but it really doesn’t appeal to me. The US cover, though, is just… wow! I love the feeling of desolation, of emptiness, of solitude that the artist has managed to convey through a mere image.  Even better, it’s so pretty! I love that cover. US for me.

Tara says: This is a really hard one because I like them both for different reasons. I like the US version because of the dust and the person who is walking through it. The title is also really artistic in the US version. I like the UK version because I haven’t really seen a book cover quite like that. I am going to base this on which book would I buy if I walked into a shop and saw both side by side. I would definitely buy the UK version.

Score:

Week 12:     US: 2     UK: 5     Draw: 4


Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Cover Wars image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Copy and paste the US and UK cover images.
Step 4: Compare the two.
Step 5: Either use our score or keep your own score.
Step 6: Post it and share it!
Thanks and have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).