Thursday 5 April 2012

Get A Taste: What Angels Fear


Tara of Basically Books and I often read very different books but sometimes find interesting new books to potentially add to the ever-growing monsters that our TBR piles have morphed into. However, we know that we do not have 100% the same taste and we wanted another way of getting a look at these books...

Do you ever feel like getting a bit of a taster for a book you’ve been thinking of reading but aren’t fully sold on yet? Do you feel like sharing a taster for your current read with the world? Well, here’s your chance.

Each week the random number generator will pick a number between 1 and 100 for books with pages or 1 and 25% for ebooks. We figured that these numbers would keep us out of spoiler territory. Open your book to the specified place and pick a paragraph. Share it with the world!

The numbers for this week are:
Page 12 for books
21% for ebooks

My book:


Click image to go to GoodReads page

She lay on her back, sprawled in an obscene posture against the polished marble steps that led up to the chapel's alter. He saw bare thighs, spread wide and gleaming white in the lamplight. A froth of lace-edged what had once been a fine satin flounce, torn now, and stained with the same darkness that stained her thighs. Eyes wide and glassy stared at her him from beneath a head of golden curls tipped back at an unnatural angle. At first he thought the front of her gown was black, but as he inched closer, he saw the gaping gashes across her throat and he understood.

I've had this book for a while now - at least a couple of years. I bought it when I first got into my historical murder mystery phase, which is now long past but I still enjoy a good book of that genre from time to time. This one is my read where a snatch a few pages here and there when I can. I'm enjoying it so far. Sebastian's weird - like a cat with yellow eyes and amazing reflexes. Apparently it comes from a real human mutation. Fascinating!

(For those who left a comment this week, I will get back to you at the weekend. New job means very little time on week nights!)

Do you want to join in too? Here’s how:
Step 1: Copy and paste the Get A Taste image.
Step 2: Copy and paste our intro or write your own but it must link back to both of our blogs.
Step 3: Find the designated page for the week.
Step 4: Type out a paragraph or so from your book.
Step 5: Post it and share it!
We would appreciate it if you'd leave a comment letting us know where we can find your post. We'll be sure to pop on by and leave a comment!
Thanks and have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - thank you for commenting. I love comments. What's more, I'm a big believer in comment karma! :) If you leave a comment, I will do my best to get back to you and leave a comment on your blog in turn (please keep in mind that this may take a few days!).